JIRA Projects not shown on Software Project Space creation in Confluence

We have Confluence (v6.4.2) that's linked with JIRA(v7.4) via application link.

When I create a new Software Project Space on Confluence, JIRA projects aren't shown; instead it says "No matches found".

image.png

But when I open an existing space and go to Space Tools > Integration > Application Links, JIRA projects are shown.

How can I fix this please?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Krisz [Adaptavist] Community Champion Jan 19, 2018

Hi there,

do you have browse permission for the projects?
This is the first thing I'd check.

Yes, I do have Browse permission. The strange thing is that setting an application link works, but specifying the project via the Create Space Wizard does not work.

I'm still thinking about some permissions, or project roles. That's what usually causes the problem.

Can you check if others can see the projects?

Thanks for your persistence - you are correct!  I have a separate Confluence account that I use for administration; it was that one that I used to create the space and I guess it does not have Browse permission in Jira.  My usual Confluence account, with which I configured the application link, does have Browse permission.

Thanks for your help.

That's fantastic, I'm happy it's working out for you.

I'm quite new but I'm told accepted answers would give me some badge. Would you mind helping out?

Cheers,
Krisz

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

602 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you