JIRA New Request Types

B S December 16, 2020

My company has a licensed JIRA. I want to create a new "REQUEST TYPES".

My organisation's jira admin answer is:

"The above mentioned feature is basically not available in Jira, it is through an add on, so it is not available in our org's Jira application"

I want to know if this an add on (need to purchase separately) or it is a default feature which should be available for any jira in which my admin doesn't aware.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

I need to clarify what you think you mean when you say "request" because it has a very specific meaning in the Jira world.

Jira works with issues, and you can create differnt issue types.  It is entirely possible to create or rename an issue type for "request". 

But Jira uses the word "request" for customer interaction items in Service Desk.  These are like issues in that you can define many types with different names.  But they are not issues and request type is not the same thing as an issue type.

So, I would need to know whether you really do mean "Service Desk request" or you are just looking for a new issue type called "request".

If it's Service Desk requests, then yes you will need to install and build out Jira Service Desk (or Jira Service Management).

However, if you just mean a new issue type called request, go back to your admin and say that.

B S December 16, 2020

I was referring to set up something like in the link below. A request for user to fill up a simplified form of issue type.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/setting-up-request-types-939926357.html

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

Yes, that's Jira Service Desk (part of Jira Service Management).

To use that functionality, your admin is right, you will need to add the application "Jira Service Desk" to your Jira server.

B S December 16, 2020

Got it, thanks. :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events