Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Importing

Lee Crampton November 29, 2022

Morning guys, I’m hoping someone can help me please. I’m trying to import a site (exported from Cloud and imported to Cloud). But I keep receiving this error on import:

Exception occurred during import: Error importing site.

The ZIP file is as per the export, and its well within the file size limitations. I think it’s a bug but can’t log it as a bug as on the free version.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

@Lee Crampton Welcome to Atlassian Community

Do you want to import Site or Import Space, try importing with "Space Import"

and let us know if any other errors from log file. 

Vikram P 

Lee Crampton December 1, 2022

Hi @vikram, many thanks for a reply, that's much appreciated! 

It seems like I can only export a site (rather than a space), so I'm trying to import a site export into a new instance.

I tried importing the export into the spaces import, but received the following message: 

There was an error during import. Please see our guide to raising a bug report.

I can't see how to export a space, but will do some more digging.

Thank you!

Lee

Lee Crampton December 1, 2022

Hi @vikram I've managed to export a space, and tried to import it into a fresh instance of Confluence (different account details), and I receive the following error:

A space with key 'space name' already exists.

I don't understand this because the Confluence instance I'm trying to import the space into is completely new, out-the-box after a fresh install, and the account details are completely different.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much for your help!

Lee

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events