Issues connecting to my database

mmangual March 9, 2017

Hullo world!

I am GREEN when it comes to JIRA and Confluence but I am doing this as a project manager. Please bear with me. I am trying to set up a confluence page for our small team. I am having issues configuring my database to work in Confluence. Now let me give you some context:

I have a go daddy account and am using C Panel. I created my database through them and created a user and gave said user all privileges to said database. I go to phpMyAdmin to ensure that my database is showing. And it is. 

The part that I am getting stuck on is the Configure Database page. It tells me that I am entering the wrong database URL. I tried entering localhost, but its not working. I also tried following all these steps as depicted in this troubleshoot tutorial:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-mysql-128747.html

Seeing as I created a databse in C Panel I skipped steps 1-4 and did 5, 6 & 8. 

I don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me? I attached an image to illustrate what screen I am getting stuck on.

2017-03-09_17-08-46.jpg

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

It would, I guess my question is how you would use a database cpanel has set up for you? 

0 votes
mmangual March 9, 2017

I'm not sure. I mean if they offer database creation it would make sense for it to be used as such.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

I'm not sure that cPanel sets up a properly configured database to allow for this installation.  Can you use other database tools to connect to the database from the outside?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events