Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with viewing comments

Heather Green September 21, 2020

I have a user that is able to add comments but once she saves the comment she can't see it anymore.  I usually get notified and am able to see them but she can't see comments she has entered.  She has add/delete comments access.  I have watched her create and save a comment so I know she is entering them correctly.  Any idea of why she can't see her comments?  Also, is there a way to see all unresolved comments for a Site in one list?

2 answers

0 votes
Vitor LC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Hi @Heather Green ,

I add to Lauren's questions the following:

• do you know if there were plug-ins updated recently and are they being used in those pages?
  • this issue occurs only with her, or also other users?
  • it happens globally or only in specific spaces?
  • what is the browser used?
  • can she access Confluence in incognito mode, what happens when she tries adding the comment? The same?

Thank you,

Vitor

Heather Green September 22, 2020

It appears to only be an issue with her.  I can see her comments and my comments.  She can see my comments, she just can't see her own after she has saved them.  She only has access to 1 space so I don't know if she  would have the same issue in other spaces.  Chrome is the browser being used.  I haven't tried incognito but I will. Thanks!

Is there a place, within a site to see all unresolved comments in one list?  Having to go into each spec to see if there is a comment is not super efficient.  I know the emails will take me to the comment but it would be nice to be able to see a running list.  Similar to the ability to see resolved comments.

Vitor LC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

I only made it in the past by querying the database directly (using PocketQuery). It is also possible doing it by ServiceRocket Reporting, in case you use it in your company. 

I have found one other called "See All Unresolved Comments" available in the marketplace that you may try in case you have that possibility and are interested. It's not free but as usual you can check the trial.

By what you describe I can't see immediately a reason why the issue is occurring only with your colleague but I guess checking for network errors doesn't hurt. To do that you just need to press the F12 key on your browser, select the tab Network and reload the page. Every code in the ranges 400 and 500 should raise an alarm (risking here about "teaching a vicar on how to preach" : ).

Maybe in the meantime someone else brings more contributions but I'll check around and I find something else that can be of help I'll share it.

Cheers,

Vitor

Like # people like this
0 votes
Lauren Christianson September 21, 2020

Is she able to see other users' comments? Do you have comment visibility restricted to a project role or group?

Heather Green September 22, 2020

We are the only ones using this site so I don't know if she can view other's notes. I have not put any restrictions on her related to comments.  

Thanks!

Lauren Christianson September 22, 2020

If she is a new user, worth trying to have her log out/clear her browser cache & cookies, then log back in.

Aside from that I would suggest checking in your user management and check that her roles and access are the same as yours.

Like Heather Green likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events