Issue about importing a space

Paul Tirado April 25, 2023

Hello,

We had a coworker that created a space for everything company related and he left the company. I exported his space and my boss removed him from the group. When I try to import his space, I get an error saying that a personal space already exists for this user. How can I get it to work with the file I exported?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Paul Tirado and welcome to the community,

If I may ask, why you exported his space in the first place and now try to import it again? I mean the space is already on this instance, right? If you need to gain access, then you can do it from another place.

Paul Tirado April 28, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thank you for your response. The reason I exported his space was because he was going to leave the company so we wanted to have the documentation available after he was gone. I'm not very knowledgeable with Confluence, I'm afraid.

Now, I can't access his space. You mentioned that I can do it from another place, can you tell me how, please?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

To recover space permissions:

1. Select the gear icon in the top nav (top right) to go to product settings.

2. Select Space Permissions.

3. Locate the space in the Individual Spaces list and select Recover Permissions. (If you're already an admin in the space, you'll see Manage Permissions.)

Selecting Recover Permissions will be recorded in the Confluence audit log.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events