Is there any way to get Confluence to work with MS Edge?

Joe Carrow September 11, 2019

I used to be able to visit Confluence in my MS Edge browser, but not it only works in Chrome. All that I see is a colorless Confluence logo, and nothing further loads. There are no error messages or other obvious hints.

I was advised by my IT department that completely wiping my browser (and all favorites) would fix it, but I'd rather not lose my bookmarks. Is there another way to repair this issue, and is Atlassian working on a fix? 

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Carrow September 30, 2019

I just did a windows 10 update, and the problem fixed itself. 

Saeed Hessami September 30, 2019

I forced an OS update to move from build version 1709 to version 1903 and now I can access Confluence with no issue. Thanks @Joe Carrow .

1 vote
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

@Joe Carrow 

Hi Joe

which confluence version are you using?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html lists Edge to be compatible for the latest version of Confluence.

Cheers

Kurt

Joe Carrow September 12, 2019

I assume that it's the latest version. It used to work with Edge, and still works for my co-workers, who use Edge. I can't log into it though, so I'm not sure how I could find out what version we use. 

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

@Joe Carrow 

Generally speaking clearing only the browser caches would be the first step (and should keep your bookmarks)

Did you try that already?

Cheers

Kurt

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2019
Joe Carrow September 12, 2019

Thank you, I did not try that before but tried it just now. There's no change in behavior after clearing the cache, except this time I made it to a login page before seeing the dead gray logo.

0 votes
Saeed Hessami November 15, 2019

Hi @Louise Cranfield,

Please upgrade to Microsoft Edge version 44.18362.329.0 to fix the problem you are facing.

Here is the instruction for the upgrade:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-edge-from-4217134110-version-to/2ef1042c-b2df-4edf-a68b-39c59a049535

Best Regards,
Saeed.

0 votes
Louise Cranfield November 13, 2019

I have the same issue, using Edge 42.17134.1.0. 

Clearing all cookies and history has no affect. Chrome and Firefox work fine.

We are using Confluence to collaborate with a client and share documentation. My client sets Edge as their default browser, and forcing an OS update isn't an option as this is beyond our control. Is there no other solution? 

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2019

@Joe Carrow 

In that case i think you should export your bookmarks to have a back and try to reset MS Edge completely.

Cheers

Kurt

Saeed Hessami September 26, 2019

Hi @Kurt Klinner ,

I am having the same issues as @Joe Carrow I have reset my Edge browser and restarted my computer. But still have the same issue. I am using Edge to access Confluence Cloud. Jira works fine on Edge for me and Confluence works for my coworker with no problem. 

I log in to Jira Cloud and then try to get to Confluence but I end up with a blank page and Confluence icon in the middle of the page - as shown below.

Your help and support is much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Saeed.

Edge2.PNG

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2019

@Saeed Hessami 

Hi Saeed,

did you try to clean your browser caches?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023560/windows-10-what-to-do-if-microsoft-edge-not-working

Do you have by changes any add ons active that might impact the behaviour

Cheers

Kurt

Saeed Hessami September 27, 2019

Hello @Kurt Klinner,

Yes, I have cleared browsing history and cached data. I have repaired or reset Microsoft Edge. None of these worked.

Best Regards,
Saeed.

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2019

@Saeed Hessami 

Hi Saeed

which Edge version are you using?

Cheers

Kurt

Saeed Hessami September 27, 2019

Hi @Kurt Klinner 

The version I am using: 

Microsoft Edge 41.16299.1004.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 16.16299

Best Regards,
Saeed.

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2019

@Saeed Hessami 

Hi Saeed

did see some talks around older Edge versions that cause problems, does your co-worker have the same version in use?

Cheers

Kurt

Saeed Hessami September 30, 2019

@Kurt Klinner,

I forced an OS update to move from build version 1709 to version 1903 and now I can access Confluence with no issue.

Thanks for the follow-ups.
Saeed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events