Is there any way to add page history comments after saving the page?

Helen Griffith July 4, 2016

After saving a page, if I haven't put a comment in the What did you change? field, can I retrospectively add a comment?!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2016

Hi Helen Griffith,

No, you can't. But you can click on "edit" and add a comment only for record the change.

Regards,
Lameck. 

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

Booooooooooo - no bueno, Atlassian :'(

Like # people like this
2 votes
Helen Griffith July 6, 2016

Thanks Lameck... I guessed that would be the answer... I've figured out a workaround to avoid multiple versions of the page - identical other than one has a comment, one doesn't.

I edit version 1 of a page and save it --> version 2.

I restore version 1 using the Restore this version link in Page History. --> version 3.

I then restore version 2 (which is the version I want) and ADD THE COMMENT I need at this point --> version 4.

I delete versions 2 and 3, making version 4 become version 2.

A bit fiddly but without being able to edit the comment, it does the trick!

Steve Sadler November 7, 2018

Thanks, Helen.  Just what I was looking for.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2019

Yeah but then every watcher is super spammed, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events