Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any text editor that supports wiki markup highlighting?

Tobbi Gudmundsson July 27, 2011

Looking for a text editor on Mac (and Windows as well for my poor suffering colleagues) that supports wiki markup syntax highlighting to ease page edits. This would of course have to support the Confluence wiki markup.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011
Tobbi Gudmundsson July 28, 2011

Thanks for that Radu. I had looked into Vim (MacVim on my side) but gave up quickly as I suspected it didn't have what I needed. It is time for another look it seems!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2011

I've not seen one - our users simply use Confluence.

Be warned though - Confluence 4 is binning wiki markup (with some back-porting stuff to enable you to type it and have it automatically formatted to the new structure, and macros to display it if you must keep older stuff in markup)

Tobbi Gudmundsson July 28, 2011

Yeah, I like the markup editor within Confluence as well but when working on long markup heavy pages it is easy to get lost, effectively slowing the editing process down (a complaint point which I believe contributed to the markup editor being binned).

Not too happy about markup going away, regardless of how great the new editor will be. But I guess I'm just an old dog that doesn't like change ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events