Is there an equivalent 'confluence-source-editor' for the Confluence Cloud?

AndrewBull May 22, 2019

Can anyone tell me if there is an equivalent 'confluence-source-editor' (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210722/confluence-source-editor?hosting=server&tab=overview) available for the latest version of 'Confluence Cloud'?

Regards
Andy Bull

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2019

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting us about this. I love that add-on myself and I find it very useful. :) There is one very similar for Cloud called Source Editor for Confluence Cloud. Have you seen this one yet?

Regards,

Shannon

AndrewBull May 28, 2019

Thank you Shannon.
No I had not found this plugin for Cloud. I too have found the Source Editor for the Server based version of Confluence very useful in the past, and had almost gave up on an equivalent for Cloud.
Is this cloud based version subject to an additional service subscription as this product is supported by Mohami?
Thank you.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2019

Hello Andrew,

Yes, this is a paid add-on. You can view the pricing from the Marketplace listing itself:

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Shannon

AndrewBull May 29, 2019

Dear Shannon.

I'm working for a media company Clear Channel here in the uk using the Cloud based version of Confluence (we have approximately 400 users within the organisation as a whole). I'm trying to justify the value of 'Confluence Source-Editor' (for myself and/or a small nucleus of possibly 10 users) for the production of useful documentation within Confluence.

Is this something I can justify (and licence) for my own use or a small group of colleagues who will use the 'Confluence Source-Editor', or must I pay for a license for all 400? registered Confluence Cloud users in my organisation, 97.5% of whom will not use your Confluence Source-Editor tool? 

As a longstanding advocate of Confluence and having used the server product extensively I'd like to promote the versatility and value of your provision.

Regards
Andy

Like John Bevan likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 3, 2019

Hello Andrew,

Unfortunately that is the case that you will need to pay for the license for all of your users. I understand that with 400+ users, this can be quite costly. At this time, however, the licensing is based on the number of users in Confluence and cannot be assigned to only specific users.

We have a feature request lodged for this, although it says Jira Cloud, it would be the same UPM (plugin manager):

Please vote on this to show your support. If you choose to watch the case, you will receive updates in the future about this.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Shannon

Rai, Astha April 17, 2023

Hi @Shannon S , 
Can you guide if I can use Storage Editor | Atlassian Marketplace in cloud as a replacement of confluence-source-editor present in server becuase it is quite low at pricing as this one if there are any differences you can share  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215664/source-editor-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events