Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy wasy to change the IP address of JDBC connection in Confluence?

Deleted user November 6, 2012

We are running Confluence with an MS SQL server which is located on another service. IT is changing the IP addresses in the network so the connection need the new IP address?

Is there an easy way to fix this? I can only find docs that tells me to run the wizard, but things are already set up. In JIRA I just had to update dbconfig.xml and restart. Couldn't find that file in Confluence?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Hi Eirik,

The configuration of your JDBC connection is stored in <Conf_HOME_Dir>/confluence.cfg.xml. It should be in hibernate.connection.url parameter name. Restart is necessary.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Deleted user November 12, 2012

Thanks, I'll try that.

0 votes
sona pareeya August 5, 2013

You cannot change the ip address, if you are using static ip address.If it is dynamic ip address, you can change it easily by resetting the modem or switching it off and on.you can also use Proxy server or Hide ip address software to change the ip address.

To check the ip address before and after changing, Visit the http://www.ip-details.com . Here you can search IP,domain host and it also includes city, country, global latitude & longitude coordinates etc.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2012

I was going to point you at the config file, but it's moved between versions. Which version of Confluence are you on? (It's similar to dbconfig.xml in Jira, but depends on the version).

(In the long run, I'd also mutter about using names instead of IP addresses, but that's not really the short-term answer you need)

Deleted user November 6, 2012

I'm running v4.1.7. Planning an upgrade to 4.3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events