Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to turn off page edit notifications if you're the page owner?

Deleted user August 20, 2018

I'm "owner" of a few pages on our wiki, but no longer want to receive notifications on page changes. When I click the watch "eyeball" at the top of the page, it says "You are not watching this page" so I assume I'm getting them because I'm owner. 

Is there any way to turn off page edit notifications as an owner? 

4 answers

8 votes
Florian Martin July 13, 2021

Just wanting to bump this question as three years later, this is still relevant: On Confluence pages that I created but that I am not watching, I unwantedly receive notifications if someone edits them (did find an option to disable emails for this, though). I would be glad if someone could point out how this can be disabled.

Robby Ibrahim July 26, 2021

Same here. I'm stuck getting notifications for an unwatched page that I created.

Sandro Bürki August 11, 2021

@Florian Martin can you maybe elaborate where you found this email setting? It doesn't seem like i have this option under Profile > Settings > Your Settings > Email.

Florian Martin August 12, 2021

@Sandro BürkiUnfortunately, it has been a while since I changed the setting and looking over the options, I am not sure which one was the relevant one. But I added a screenshot of my settings, maybe this helps you figure out what the relevant option is.Screenshot from 2021-08-12 12-02-01.png

Like Sandro Bürki likes this
5 votes
Deleted user August 22, 2018

Well that didn't work. I removed all my page watches and I'm still receiving "page edited" alerts in the Notifications center.  ☹️

0 votes
Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2022

I've experienced this issue. After searching it seems Atlassian thinks it is a bug/gap and has two open bug tickets about it:

CONFCLOUD-68348 
CONFCLOUD-73170 

You could vote for one of these if you think it should be changed. However - it looks like you can manually remove these watches by navigating to:

Profile (My Confluence) > Settings > Watches

.. and then click the Stop Watching link for each of the page you don't want notifications.

Mohiyoddin Vallibunvar March 11, 2022

This worked for me. Thank you!

Cordula Schubert-Berker April 1, 2022

I hope this works for me because I have 230 pages in this overview with 20 Confluence pages each, apparently every page I have ever touched in the last 3 years since starting at this company. As we very recently migrated I sincerely hope it does work. I would actually be happy enough to find the couple of pages that have been heavily edited since the migration but there seems to be no sorting or filtering feature here. So I guess I'll just unwatch 230 x 20 pages manually. 

Isobel August 30, 2023

"click the Stop Watching link for each of the page you don't want notifications."

I did this for literally years worth of pages (WTAF WHY CAN'T YOU BULK UNWATCH) and still get notifications for pages I created but am not watching. It 's so irritating.

Like Austin Hillyard likes this
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2018

Uhl - Just stop watching the page.  Even if you created it if you no longer want to receive notifications on it is all you have to do is stop watching the page.   You can also view all the pages you are watching in your profile under Watches to make adjustments.

Deleted user August 21, 2018

Okay, I just found the Page Watches section. I'd never have thought to look at My Profile to do something like that! 🤔

IMO this should be available from the page's Watches dropdown or provide a "Stop watching this page" option from the notification itself!

Like John Francis likes this
Deleted user August 21, 2018

[deleted]

Isobel August 30, 2023

I get notifications for pages I am not watching. They are not in my watchlist and if I look on the page, it says I am not watching. I did create the pages. Often >5 years and several roles ago.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events