Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to turn off automatic issue links? Preferably per link...

JamieW January 23, 2013

We've just spun up our OnDemand instance for Confluence and JIRA. I've noticed that Confluence attempts to autocreate links to issues in JIRA where a potential JIRA-esque issue ID is used. This is going to be a great feature, I'm sure. However...

One of our first pages is about an ethernet-connected hardware device we're working on. The term RJ-45 is used a few times and it appears as a link. You click the link and you're taken to JIRA and told that the issue does not exist.

Is there either a way to instruct Confluence to not automatically link to the issue (preferably per link), or force Confluence to check for the existence of an issue prior to the link?

I've already tried the {nolink} macro. It either didn't work or I didn't use it properly.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

* edit *

This is what we're seeing now: "blah, blah, blah something about an RJ-45 connector blah."
This is what we'd like to see: "blah, blah, blah something about an RJ-45 connector blah."

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

This is a bug in Confluence OnDemand and reported here. You can try to escap that by leaving a bit of space after the - . Please vote for the bug to be fixed.

0 votes
Will Fresch October 28, 2016

As Dave H. suggested in a comment, put a backslash in front of the hyphen.  ie - for instances of UTF-8 you should type it as UTF\-8 to avoid auto-linking.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013
Type {}
JamieW January 24, 2013

Renjith, I put the curly braces before, after, and around the "RJ-45". No joy. It's still a URL.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013

Will escaping it help, with a \ ?

Dave H. March 13, 2015

Escaping hyphen with \ seem to work (i.e. RJ\-45). Strange no one else responded to this after so many years... This should be an answer so it's visible on search sites.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

How about the code macro?

JamieW January 23, 2013

Jobin, the code macro sets the one term apart in it's own box with different formatting. I've edited my original question to give a clearer example of what we're experiencing and what our desired outcome is. I hope that helps clarify.

Thanks for the quick response!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events