Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to specify variables as macro parameters in Confluence 5 templates

Daniel Brice March 1, 2013

In Confluence 4 I had a number of very useful templates that passed variables to macro parameters. For example a trivial example of a template like this is:

Specify Page Name to Include: @PAGE@
{excerpt-include:@PAGE@}

However in confluence 5 with the new rich text template editor, I can not see how I can do the same. I've tried entering $PAGE or @PAGE@ as a parameter, and but that is ignored. I've tried using the source editor add on - but that does not seem to work with templates.

This feature is very useful to me - is there any way to do it in Confluence 5?

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Brice March 3, 2013

Yes it is a duplicate, I'll vote on your question.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2013

Bob's question did speak to this, but also wiki markup.

To speak specificly to Daniels question, yes you can still insert variables in confluence 5, just use the "$ variables" drop down, or start typing $blah. below is the docs for conf 5 and an example i tried to validate.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+a+Template

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2013

The key words in the question are: as macro parameters

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2013

Yeah, sorry, ten minutes after walkign away I realized what you both meant. I figured my answer was too obvious!

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2013
Nick Worth April 4, 2017

Duplicate is gone... 404 page

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events