Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to search for jira issues that are displayed in the Jira Issue Search?

Douglas Wilk April 27, 2017

Here is the use case:

As a Confluence user, 

I want to Search for keywords or labels that are displayed in a Jira Issue Search Macro

So that I can easily find related issues and their documented resolutions in Confluence. 

Longer story- We have setup confluence to be a knowledge base and as we resolve issues that are tedious we are documenting the resolution and labeling the jira issues. So when normal users search for a potential resolution they can see all the related issues that may have more context. We also want a user to be able to search with keywords in the Jira description-which we would expect to show search results if searched in confluence. 

Ok- maybe there is a more concise way to explain this:

If i'm searching in confluence (globale search bar) for a specific Jira issue that i know is displayed in a jira search macro- nothing comes up. How can i search the results of a macro query? 

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user January 10, 2019

By using the Chrome Jira plugin:

Chrome Bar Integration

To integrate the RFP library into your Chrome search bar, do the following:

0 votes
Deleted user October 3, 2018

Hey Douglas, were you able to get a sufficient answer to this question?  I have a similar use case and this would help me greatly.  TIA

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

Hello Douglas,

You can easily filter JIRA Issues macro with Table Filter. You can see how it works here.

Douglas Wilk April 27, 2017

Thanks Andrey,

Thats not what i'm trying to do. 

If i were to search for a specific jira issue using the confluence global search- it currently doesn't search the jira results inside a jira search macro. 

Thats what i'm trying to figure out- how to search using global search and have the search include macro results. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events