It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to restrict who can assign specific labels?

I want to allow general label creation, however I'd like to restrict specific labels to only be assigned by specific users or groups.

An example would be collecting lists of restaurants. The restaurants would have the labels to describe them, however the only labels that can be applied by the group "Raters" or people in charge of the ratings can assign "label_5_stars",  "label_4_stars", or "label_3_stars" to ensure the people building the lists don't specify a rating when they aren't the ones doing the rating.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Penn_Wilbert 

This isn't possible. You can either allow it for everybody or for nobody. 

I found a feature for confluence server and cloud for this purpose:

You can watch it and vote for it. But as you see, the request is from 2005...

Hope this helped.

Regards, Dominic

Thanks @Dominic Lagger I've copied my example to the request as well ask submitted my vote and ask. I guess push comes to shove I could try to write a plugin for it, better to make sure the wheel doesn't exist before I invent it!

Dominic Lagger Community Leader Apr 02, 2020

I found a plugin for restricting labels, but I didn't see anything about permissions. Just to restrict users to set their own labels. 

Dominic

@Dominic LaggerThis is a start, at least this plugin has the right framework and they list they're willing to update and add features. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

2,116 views 4 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you