Is there a way to restore an older version of a confluence page as a different view without overridi

Sherice L October 23, 2017

I just realized that my team has been providing monthly status by overriding a confluence page, instead of creating a new page for every month for the past 2 years. There are 20+ older versions that i wanted to restore as monthly snapshots page. How do I restore older versions of a confluence page as a new page, without overriding the latest view, which contains the latest monthly snapshot?

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

@Sherice L, There isn't an easy way to do this but it can be done.  My advice pertains to the current version of Confluence so you may need to adjust depending on your version.

1. Open the current page they have been saving over.

2. Select Page History from the [...] 

3. Click the name of the page you want to revert to, Confluence should show you preview of the page. With a warning that you are viewing an old version of the page.

4. Click the [...] button again and this time select copy.

The copy you make will be of the previous version you selected.  All you will need to do is give it a new name.  Rinse a repeat for all other past versions.

.pd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events