Is there a way to preview a page in pdf mode?

Ilan Graidy April 7, 2022

I don't want the page just to preview. I need it to be converted to pdf and show me how it will look like. In order to do that today, I need to manually convert it, download it and view it. This is a long process

4 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hi @Ilan Graidy,

I understand you want to get a preview of how the PDF export of a page will look. Unfortunately, that's not currently possible. We had a feature request for this a while back, but we do not have plans to implement that.

There are other Marketplace Apps, such as Scroll PDF Exporter for Confluence. I haven't used them personally, but you can check with the vendors and see if they offer an option to preview the export.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support

Thanks @Shannon S 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Anna July 4, 2022

Sorry for replying to an older thread, but I have the same question.

Currently, I make a small edit to a page, publish without notifying, then convert to PDF, download, check if it looks alright, and then repeat. This for tens to hundreds of times. It's a very slow process. 

I tried to use the PDF macro, but I'm afraid I don't understand it. There is no preview and the save button is greyed out. Could anyone explain this to me? I'd love to be able to just preview a PDF before publishing and downloading it.

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hi @Ilan Graidy ,

Below KB doc has all the info regarding the PDF macro. You can go through the same. 

I forgot to mention this in the previous reply. Hope it helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T 

Hi,

I don't think that you understood me. I'ts probably because I didn't explain myself well.

I don't want to preview a different pdf from my document. I want to preview the current document that I'm working on to see how it will look like if I would export it to pdf.

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2022

Hi @Ilan Graidy ,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Have you tried PDF macro ? That has the option to preview it. You can try that.

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events