Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to identify when new pages added to a space?

Rona_Culp January 4, 2023

I'd like to be able to track as new Confluence pages are added to a specific space.  Is there a macro that will list the pages created, date and by whom?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Ugly work around:  Scroll to the bottom of the Space top level page to open up the list of changes to pages in that workspace for the last week.  Click "show more" to go back to show all you need.  Copy them and throw them into column 1 starting in row 2 of a new Excel spreadsheet.  In column B row 2, write the following formula "=IF(SEARCH("created",A2)=16,A1)".  Drag this formula down through the entire list.  This will show in column B all the pages that were created for that week.  If you see any that are not associated with a valid creation.  Verify that those pages contain unique and useful information.

0 votes
Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2023

Hello @Rona_Culp 

if you don't mind using a 3rd party app, our app Viewtracker - Analytics for Confluence will help you with your use case.

The Content & Usage Report offers filters to have only newly created content listed for the desired date range for specific spaces or the complete Confluence instance. Here you will find more information on the on-premise (Server/Data Center) and cloud versions.

Best regards

Mattia

0 votes
Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2023

Hello @Rona_Culp,

You could also check if any of the macros available in the Marketplace could fulfill that objective. There are some which specialize in offering in-depth statistics of your content.

Our team is working on Viewtracker, which can not only show you which content is newly created but also who views it, contributes to it, or engages with it.

I'll attach a link to Viewtracker's and the Content & Usage Report which might be interesting for your objectives.

With friendly regards
Rodrigo 

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

@Rona_Culp, you could check out the Content Report Table Macro -  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/content-report-table-macro-317194676.html

Good macros but it doesn't tell me about any new pages that were created in my space.  I'd like to see what new actual pages were added so I can review the content to see if it is a duplicate of existing content.  

Any other ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events