Is there a way to format an entire column in a table as a quote?

Jane Thompson September 12, 2019

I'd like to have one column in a table be formatted as a quote without manually clicking through each row in the column and hitting "command+option+9." Anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Sam Mohyee September 4, 2020

This bug is still an issue.

Repro:

- Make table

- Highlight multiple cells

- Format the cells (eg right-side alignment)

Only the first selected cell will format.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

You can select multiple cells by clicking and a cell and then dragging down to other cells.

image.png

With the multiple cells selected the simply change them to a quote,

image.png

They should now be formatted as quotes,

image.png

Jane Thompson September 16, 2019

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply! I was able to highlight multiple columns, but my paragraph dropdown menu looks different than yours (I only see options for headings rather than quotes, and I'm not able to scroll down to see a quote option). 

I was able to find the quote option using the macro drop down list as pictured below:

But when I click quote it is only formatting one of the cells, even though all of them are highlighted. 

Is it possible this process could be slightly different on a mac vs a PC? (I am working on a mac). As a side note, I tried to use your method to format the entire column as Heading 4, but that still only formatted one of the cells, rather than all of the selected cells. 

I'm not certain what my issue is, and no worries if you aren't able to track it down but I thought I would ping this in case any one else was having similar troubles and has been able to solve it. Let me know if there's any additional information I can provide :)

Best,

~jane

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

The pictures did not come across.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events