Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to force Title Case to headings?

Kimberly Onnen November 20, 2019

Is there a way to style the Headers to always use Title Case? I found a JavaScript method that can do this: https://github.com/gouch/to-title-case  I just don't know how or if I can use this with Confluence (server).

I have thousands of headings that I would like to change to Title Case. WAY back, it was decided to only capitalize the first word of a title. When I inherited everything almost 6 years ago, I just kept with the style because it would just be too overwhelming to change everything. (This drives me crazy.) I've started manually updating the main headers (page titles?) but I'm looking for an automatic way. Maybe I'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than to find something like this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2019

Hello Kimberly,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

It is possible to use Javascript in Confluence Server. See How to use Javascript in Confluence Server for more details.

You'll need to customize the script to change the specific heading elements (h1, h2, etc.) It will require that you have a bit of knowledge on Javascript. Have a look here for more information how to do that: How to Change HTML Elements in JavaScript.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Kimberly Onnen November 22, 2019

Great!! Is it possible to set this up for just ONE space or will this be for all of the spaces that we have? I'd rather mess up only space if I do something wrong than all of them. ;)

Thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

Kimberly,

You could use the suggestion from How to call a javascript from every page of a Confluence space.

Note that I haven't been able to test this myself as I'm not very familiar with javascript, but let us know if you have any issues.

Regards,

Shannon

Gideon Stettler August 10, 2021

Hello @Shannon S 

Is there a way to do this with Jira Cloud?

Regards,

Gideon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2021

Hi @Gideon Stettler,

Thank you for your reply! To be honest, I am not too familiar with Jira Cloud. I recommend raising a new question under the Jira collection, and someone can let you know.

Take care,

Shannon 

Like Gideon Stettler likes this
Gideon Stettler August 10, 2021
Like Kimberly Onnen likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events