Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to embed a PowerPoint presentation in Confluence so that animations appear?

Deleted user October 24, 2017

I know I can embed a PPTX so that users can preview it, but then they don't see the animations. Is there a way for them to also see the animations on my wiki?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Uri November 18, 2021

You can work around it If there a specific animation you want to include in your confluence page: record the animation and embed it as a video clip.

Uri November 20, 2021

Also, you can save each animated page as a separate PPTX and save it as animated gif. If you set the durations right, it looks very good in confluence.

0 votes
Shree Lekha Ramanathan April 30, 2019

Hi @[deleted] @[deleted] @AJ V ,

I'm from Zoho Show and believe we could solve your problem with our add-on
Zoho Show for Confluence Cloud. With our add-on , you can now import , edit and manage all your powerpoint files in your confluence space , without switching between apps and user accounts.

We support pptx,ppt and ppsx file formats.

Please visit our page about our cool animation options.

Here's our Atlassian Marketplace page. Install and give it a try :) 

Would love to hear more from you!

Thanks,
Lekha
show-confluence@zohoshow.com

0 votes
AJ V October 24, 2017

Ben,

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is possible with out-of-the-box functionality. You can try to use the HTML Macro and find a slideshow widget. That would be the best option, outside of a Confluence add-in.

Thanks,

AJ

Deleted user October 31, 2018

One year down the track - is this still the case? thanks, julie

Sagar Sarkar January 9, 2020

2 year down the track. And it's still the case. 

Thanks ,

Sagar

IJO Software May 1, 2020

We are also stuck with this problem. We are on Confluence Cloud and when we want to embed an Office document with it's macro (e.g. Powepoint, Word or Excel). We follow the steps:

• Attach document to it's according page
  • Use Office Powerpoint macro
    • Select the attached Powerpoint document
    • Select the page that must contain the document
    • Specify width and height embedding

But when I click on 'Insert' nothing happens, also nothing happens when I click on the 'Refresh' icon.

I have tried it with a .pptx, .ppt and a .docx file and in all cases the same result. Can someone help us out?

We got it fixed with this answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events