Is there a way to create form on one page that updates a table on another page in confluence?

Nathan Moser August 21, 2017

I am hoping to create a form on confluence that will add another row to a table on another page using the javascript in the html macro.  I know there are various macros one can purchase but I'm trying to find a way without having to do so.  

The form would have inputs like:

Job Name, User, Job Status, Notes

I'd like to be able to take all the information from this form and add it to a table on another page (same confluence server).

2 answers

1 vote
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2017

In case the solution proposed by Shannon does not meet your use case, another approach would be to add a new page for each data set and list the pages with a macro. For instance with the Page Properties Report Macro (which is on-board with Confluence). 

But this solution does not provide the form your use case requires and is not based on a "fill-table" metaphor (and is probably less fancy than the suggested solution using the Scaffolding Plugin). A blueprint wizard may support creating the page similar to a form, though. But this involves creating a blueprint plugin.

Of course there are a number of third party add-ons that support creating pages and provide richer support to list results in tabular form.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Hi Nathan,

According to this past Community post, you can do this with the table-data macro in Scaffolding Plugin, or try out Bob Swift's solutions, also mentioned on that page.

Have a look and let us know if you have any trouble with that!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Nathan Moser August 22, 2017

Thank you Shannon, I'll look into the links you provided.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2017

Great, Nathan!

Feel free to let us know if one works best for you so future users that have the same question can try the same.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events