Table where users can add rows using a "form" or macro

Jan Andersson November 28, 2012

Today we have a important table were users add rows by editing the page.

While this works it's impossible to have a standard of how the data in the rows look.

Is there a way to limit what the user can input. Maybe a sort of "form" with e.g. drop-downs and the user fills in and then presses "save" which in turn adds the row to the table.

I think I can get this done by building an external web-app which updates the page using the rest api.

However is there another, nicer way to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2012

Hi Janne,

have a look at the Scaffolding Plugin from Customware (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.scaffolding). This should do what you want. But it is a commercial plugin, not for free.

Cheers

Thomas

CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2012

The table-data macro in Scaffolding will do this. The latest version of Scaffolding has a much improved user interface, so should be quite intuitive for users too.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

If it is important company data I would recommend a more formal approach:

1. Create an table in one of your databases
  2. Use the run macro from the Run Plugin for Confluence to add a form to the page
  3. Use the sql macro from the SQL Plugin for Confluence to add a row to the table when button is pressed
  4. Use the sql-query macro to display the results
  5. You probably also want an update capability, this requires a bit more work
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events