Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create and update all Confluence user profiles in a batch?

Amanda Chu February 24, 2014

We have 250 employees in the JIRA/Confluence system already and now we are ready to roll this out to the whole company. There are still 650 employees we need to create profiles for. Ideally we can link the profile image to a server so the employee don't have to update their own profile. Can this be accomplish?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

Does you company have an LDAP or Active Directory server for machine logins? If so you can hook Confluence/JIRA up to it such that when a user is added in LDAP/Active Directory the user will be added automatically into Confluence/JIRA as well. In Confluence Admin go to Users & Security -> User Directories. I'm not sure where it is locatede in JIRA as I don't have JIRA but I know JIRA can do it too.

Amanda Chu April 29, 2014

Davin,

I forgot to mention, we are using our Google account to sync up with Confluence/JIRA. So we cannot connect to our Active Directory. Instead, is there a way to update user profiel using a file? Thanks!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Check out the Confluence Command Line Interface like Bob mentioned. That would probably do what you need.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2014

Confluence Command Line Interface has addUser . Depending on where the information is for the users, you may want to combine that with one of the run actions like: runFromCsv or runFromSql.

There is similar function in the JIRA Command Line Interface

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events