Is there a way to create a page that automatically aggregates all of a specific custom template?

DeCarlos Love November 4, 2019

I've created a couple of custom templates, and I'd like for there to be a single destination that house every page that was created using that specific template. 

right now the left side navigation just shows each page individually and I want instead to show a single page that has each individual page nested underneath. 

The way Product Requirements templates are handled is what I'm going for. 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2019

Hello there @DeCarlos Love ! As I understand, you need to have a parent page for all pages created using your custom templates.

We can achieve that by using the Create from Template macro. Here we have more details on this macro:

The basic workflow for that is this:

1. Create a new page (this will be the parent page for all your template created pages)
  2. Add the Create from template macro
  3. Set the desired settings for the macro (such as template that you need to use)
  4. Save the macro
  5. Publish the page

Now when users click that macro while in view mode, the pages created will be shown under the page that is currently hosting the macro itself.

You can add as many Create from Template macros as needed, one for each template that you want.

I hope this shed some light on your situation, DeCarlos! Let us hear from you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events