Is there a way to automatically keep the sidebar auto-sorted and allow an Expand All link?

John Q August 7, 2019

Hello community. I have a couple questions regarding Confluence (cloud). 

1. Is there a way to keep the sidebar navigation links automatically sorted in alphabetical order? I have to manually do it currently through Space Settings > Content Tools > Reorder Pages. 

2. Is there a way to add an "Expand all" and "Collapse all" link to the sidebar? I can insert a Page Tree macro on the Overview page for this but it's a bit redundant and seemingly unnecessary if we already have a sidebar on the left that should be able to feature these. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2019

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting us about this. 

1. There is not a way to keep the pages sorted in alphabetical order, but we do have a feature request for this:

CONFCLOUD-65062 Allow for persistent sorting of pages
  2. For your 2nd question, it's not possible to include this in the sidebar in Confluence Cloud and I am not aware of any ability to work around that. There was a feature request in the past, but it's been closed as we do not have plans to implement it in the near future.

CONFCLOUD-28373 Ability to expand child pages on sidebar menu automatically

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events