It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to automatically keep the sidebar auto-sorted and allow an Expand All link?

Hello community. I have a couple questions regarding Confluence (cloud). 

1. Is there a way to keep the sidebar navigation links automatically sorted in alphabetical order? I have to manually do it currently through Space Settings > Content Tools > Reorder Pages. 

2. Is there a way to add an "Expand all" and "Collapse all" link to the sidebar? I can insert a Page Tree macro on the Overview page for this but it's a bit redundant and seemingly unnecessary if we already have a sidebar on the left that should be able to feature these. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting us about this. 

1. There is not a way to keep the pages sorted in alphabetical order, but we do have a feature request for this:

CONFCLOUD-65062 Allow for persistent sorting of pages
  2. For your 2nd question, it's not possible to include this in the sidebar in Confluence Cloud and I am not aware of any ability to work around that. There was a feature request in the past, but it's been closed as we do not have plans to implement it in the near future.

CONFCLOUD-28373 Ability to expand child pages on sidebar menu automatically

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

269 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you