Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automatically add a page restriciton based on a label?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2020

I have been asked to investigate the feasibility of adding an automatic restriction of a page through either labeling or tagging.  Since labels are essentially tags in Confluence that seemed the proper route.  Is there some way of doing so through a plugin, perhaps Scriptrunner or another tool?

This is probably going to be for Cloud but I'll look at a solution for any hosting option.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Craig Willson (AppFox)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

Hi Rob,

Hopefully I can help. Our plugin enables you to add classification labels to each Confluence page and you can then set automatic restrictions depending on the page label. These restrictions can be set to users or groups of people. 

You can check it out here - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218474/compliance-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

If you have any questions please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Craig

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

This is incredibly helpful, thank you!

Craig Willson (AppFox)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

You are welcome! Glad I could help.

If you are happy with my response, please could you kindly mark it as an accepted answer? It helps close off the thread and also I'm focusing on helping more people in the Atlassian Community so it's good to have accepted answers. Thank you!

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2023

Nearly 3 years late, but I accepted it!  Sorry about the delay :(

Craig Willson (AppFox)
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2023

No worries at all, Rob! Glad I could help and hope all is well with you :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events