Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add numbered headings on a template?

Frank Campbell April 6, 2022

Trying to create a template for my team and want to # all headings w/o relying on the users adding numbering when creating a new page from template

2 answers

0 votes
Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 10, 2022

Hi @Frank Campbell 

My Adaptavist team recently added the macro numbered heading to the Content Formatting Macros for Confluence. This macro allows making the process of adding macro more automatic and handly.  

You can try its free trial version and let me know if it helps to resolve your needs.

Regards,

Zoriana

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hi Frank,

Welcome to Atlassian Community, and thank you for raising this with us. From what I understand, you want to have numbered headings in your template. 

Confluence doesn't have the native capability to apply numbered headings at the moment, but we have an open feature request related to that:

There's also a feature request to automate page title numbering in templates that you might find interesting:

Various Marketplace apps support numbered headings; you can check those out below:

I haven't used these personally, so I can't confirm if they work with templates, but you can reach out to the apps' vendors, and they can tell you more.

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events