Is there a way to add a confluence user that defaults to "not able to view/edit any pages" and then enable them page by page?

Jay Friedman May 19, 2014

I want to sign a contractor up for a license but only allow them to see a couple pages. I wouldn't mind creating a separate space for them if that is possible. I specifically DON'T want them being able to wander around our entire wiki and look at things.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Jay,

I understand that you want to grant some permission to your contractor and you don't want them being able to wander around your entire wiki and look at things, I'd recommend you:

To achieve this goal I would recommend you to creat seprate user groups and assign this group to seprate space. You can follow the following steps:

1- create a group for "Your Contractor" if they have users on your Confluence instance then assign users to that group:

1. Go to your Confluence Admin
  2. Select Group
  3. Add Group and Save it
  4. Add Members

Please ensure that each user you create is removed from the confluence-users group. That way, they can't access the rest of your Confluence instance

2- Grant "can use" permission to your "Your Contractor" group in Global Permissions:

1. Go to Global Permission
  2. Edit Permissions
  3. Add "shared marketing" to the Groups
  4. Save All

3- Grant permission to your "Your Contractor" group to see see "Your Contractor Space"

1. Go to Space Permissions
  2. Under "Individual Spaces" select Manage Permissions of your "Specific Space" space
  3. On Permissions, click on Edit Permissions and grant permission to "Your Contractor" Group
  4. Save All

Let me know if you've any other questions.

Cheers,

Saleh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events