Is there a way that Confluence can notify you before you lose access?

Brianna Rossi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2022

Many people are coming to me saying they lose access to Confluence if they forget to log in within a certain amount of time.  Is there a way that an email can be sent to the user stating to log in BEFORE their access is revoked?

1 answer

0 votes
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hi @Brianna Rossi - welcome to the community. 

This sounds like something your service desk would do as Confluence would not know if access is being lost soon or not. We at CSAA IG have a feature called REMS30 enabled on many of our applications including JIRA and Confluence where if the application is not logged into in a 30 day period the application access will be removed for that user. I asked our Service Desk if they can send notifications prior to the access being removed and they said it was not a feature they have. So, to mitigate this I set a reminder in my Outlook to log into all the applications I run that have the REMS30 every 29 days so I don't lose access. I hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events