Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way of sorting a table in edit mode in Confluence?

I need to be able to sort tables in edit mode so that for large tables I can do reconciliation tasks. Anyone know if this is possible and how?

1 answer

Hi Andrew,

Yes, it is possible in Confluence Server: you need to wrap the table with Table Filter macro. Then the table can be sorted in the editor using Ctrl+Click.

What is the option for Confluence Cloud? I have the Table Filter macro but this functionality is not available in Cloud yet. Preferably, would want to edit the filtered table in view mode but that option is also not available for Cloud.

Like # people like this

Table Filter macro is available in Confluence Cloud, but it is not integrated with page editor, so there is no way to sort and filter table in edit mode.

Any plans to add it to Cloud soon?

Unfortunately, there are no technical possibilities to implement this feature in Cloud environment: it is just impossible to integrate with the editor there.

Sorry to hear that!! :(

Thanks so much for your quick responses!

You are welcome, Debora! I'll reply here if something changes in the future.

From above it sounds like not possible to filter a table while in Edit mode.   At Merck we have confluence internal  (Not cloud?)  (I believe)  Since we call confluence as:  https://share.merck.com/Display

Is there way to configure filter so it displays in Edit mode?    This is key benefit over using Excel when (even) a medium # of rows need maintenance.   Filtering and editing go hand in hand for most use cases. 

Yes, it is possible to filter and sort tables in edit mode (documentation). 

Like # people like this

Andrew,

So there is no way to achieve this functionality in the Cloud instance?  I have a very large table and want to sort it during editing.  I thought that your macro would achieve the functionality, however not in the Cloud.

Andrew,

I am trialing your macro and can't get it to sort columns in Edit mode.  I wrap a table with Table Filter, then in Edit 'Table Filter' Macro menu I can sort any column, however when I save out of the Edit 'Table Filter' Macro menu the table reverts back to the unsorted state.  Any ideas?

George,

Is the table sorted in the page view mode in this case? Sorting doesn't apply to tables in the page edit mode in Confluence Cloud.

Not sure if this is your case. I wanted to have a table be sorted in Edit mode too after data was entered w/o any sorting. 

• Sort the table in View mode;
  • Select, copy the whole table;
  • Switch to Edit Mode;
  • Paste the table as a new one;
  • Removed the unsorted tabke;

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Product feedback on Inline Comments

Hello Community members! We have an upcoming research study for Confluence and we’d like to invite you to provide advice and answer questions. We’re developing a new experience for Inline Comment...

85 views 7 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you