Is there a training/tutorial I can find on designing a page with Zen sections in Confluence?

Mathilde Herdemian May 15, 2013

Hi,

I found some information on the Zen foundation website like

http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Columns%2C+Sections%2C+and+Page+Display+Details

http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Section+Designer

However Im still struggling quite a bit with designing a page with Zen sections - like:

1. How do I set up how many columns I have on a page (not inside a section - having 1/2 or 3 sections horizontally in the page) - I found a way by defining 2 columns inside a section BUT then it won't let me drag a section next to that section (see 2.)

2. Drag and drop section looks fairly easy on paper but -with the master layout off- I still cannot drag and drop the way I want (will not do it and change section sized and content size) - Should I do it on the page?on the edited page? Still both are not working for me.

3. How do I define text formatting in a Zen section (typo, font, size)?

4. How do you get an image in the background of a section? Using Background in the Section Options > Design seems pretty straightforward still the image doesn’t appear.

5. I understand the purpose of the different Zen macro but struggle a lot to set up/configure them properly. Im not trying to build complex pages with dozens of different macros but just having the components of 1 macro actually appear and at the right location is a real headache for me.

I've been trying to find some relevant documentation/video online but so far I didn’t find anything that can help me (with my points above and more).

I can see that Confluence combined with Zen is a great powerful tool but Im very frustrated with it. Im not a developer (I dont know much about CCS,SEO etc but happy to learn more) but have some technical knowledge and was hopping Confluence+Zen would be easy/user friendly enough for me to develop a proper online workspace to use for me and my team.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Mathilde Herdemian

1 answer

0 votes
Mathilde Herdemian May 21, 2013

Any answer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events