Is there a readable way to see attachments for a page?

Avrohom_Yisroel_Silver January 19, 2020

I just had a look at a page that has attachments, and clicked the paper-clip icon at the top of the page to see them, and was faced with an unreadable display...

ConfluenceAttachments.png

As you can see, the file name is squashed into a column barely wide enough to display two characters, making it pretty unreadable.

The other columns are plenty wide enough, wasting an enormous amount of space on fields that are significantly less useful.

Is there any way to change this so we can read the file names easily? I'm viewing this in Chrome (latest version) full-sized on a monitor running at 1920x1080, so it's not like I'm using a small device.

Thanks for any help you can give.

3 answers

0 votes
Avrohom_Yisroel_Silver February 5, 2020

@DPKJ Any news?

Thanks

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2020

Sorry no updates as of now!

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

@DPKJ - is there an open issue we can vote for?  If so, please post - Thanks!

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2020

@LarryBrock  I am not able to find.

@Avrohom_Yisroel_Silver  If you have logged issue with Atlassian do let us know.

Avrohom_Yisroel_Silver February 12, 2020

@DPKJ I haven't logged an issue, I wouldn't know how! You said you were going to update this to Atlassian Confluence Team. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks again

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2020

@Avrohom_Yisroel_Silver  I updated Atlassian Team on Slack. I don't think they have taken any action, as I don't see any comment by Atlassian.

I will add it there once again. @LarryBrock  you can also participate in thread.

But I would still suggest logging an issue with Atlassian.

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2020

Hi @Avrohom_Yisroel_Silver 

You should be able to resize the sidebar. Make the sidebar smaller, this helps a little bit! 

sidebar.png

Regards, Dominic

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2020

@Dominic Lagger  I could have suggested the same, and it might have solved problem to some extent, but this is not complete solution.

For a complete solution, the table has to have dynamic width setting that user can configure. Currently table show comment as widest column, and some user might not need that at all.

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

I absolutely agree with you. 

I just give a workaround :) 

Like DPKJ likes this
0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2020

@Avrohom_Yisroel_Silver  This seems like a UI glitch or bug.

I will update this to Atlassian Confluence Team.

Avrohom_Yisroel_Silver January 19, 2020

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events