Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a problem with "Editing Attached Files"?

Miguel Adolfo Montesinos Corro April 8, 2022

Hi Community:

We can´t edit any attached file in Confluence. We can do it 2 weeks ago, but now the button option (Edit File) does not appear in the section "Actions" (see the picture below).

Please, if you know about this, we appreciate your help.

Best regards.

image.png

3 answers

0 votes
ashsmith April 18, 2022

@Darryl Lee  Good Morning Darryl. I have tried to lodge a bug via the above link and attempted it a couple of different ways, but it only gives me the option to ask the community. 

Can you please let me know what options I use to submit my query to the technical team. 

Note: Even when i enter the URL that I am an admin on I still only get "Ask the community" as an option.

Thank you 
Confluence.jpg

0 votes
Miguel Adolfo Montesinos Corro April 11, 2022

Hi Community:

Searching for more information, I found this. Then, editing files from Confluence Cloud now is not possible.

image.png

URL: Removing the Companion app from Confluence Cloud - Atlassian Community

I hope this information could be help you.

Best Regards

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2022

Hi @Miguel Adolfo Montesinos Corro ,

Is it helpful after clearing the cache/cookies on Safari, opening up a private page, or trying on a different browser helpful?

Further, is there any permission change been made on the role you are using to perform the action?

If none of them can resolve the issue, it would be great to reach out to Confluence Cloud Support Team and my colleagues will help you from there.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Miguel Adolfo Montesinos Corro April 9, 2022

Hi @Darryl Lee ,

Thanks for your advices. I will try them.

I tried clearing the cache/cookies on my web browser and open it up on a private page but it doesn't work.

image.png

In the other hand, the permissions over the page and the space not have been changed. My account is the Jira Admin.

image.png

Question: How can I contact with the Confluence Support Team?.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards

ashsmith April 10, 2022

@Darryl Lee
Hi Darryl, our team have encountered the same problem as Miguel. 

I have followed the above instructions, but the Edit button has been removed and replaced with a View button. 

Are you able to advise how I contact the Confluence Support Team please?

Thank you

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Miguel Adolfo Montesinos Corro April 11, 2022

Hi @Darryl Lee 

Editing PDF files from Confluence was associated with Atlassian Companion (there was an option suggesting Adobe DC Reader to edit).

image.png

Is everything OK with Companion? ...

Best Regards

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Miguel Adolfo Montesinos Corro @ashsmith ,

The best approach is to contact Confluence Cloud Support Team and provide the details you have gathered.

My colleague will assist you with this subject and hope it will be resolved soon.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events