Is there a method to embed an Excel spreadsheet and make it editable?

Garry Wilmeth April 24, 2023

Hello,

I am trying to understand if there is a method, via native procedure or plugin, that will allow us to embed an excel spreadsheet in a Confluence Cloud page so the spreadsheet is editable without having to open the spreadsheet in the office application or excel for the web?

Thanks,

Garry

4 answers

2 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023

Hi @Garry Wilmeth ,

The Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app that was kindly mentioned by @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ is our add-on and provides the Table Spreadsheet macro.

The macro allows you to import your existing Excel file (.xlsx or .csv formats) to Confluence and continue working with it right there (using cell formulas, conditional formatting, pivot tables, etc.).

If required, the updated data can be exported back in .xlsx or .csv formats and shared with your colleagues/clients outside Confluence.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Garry Wilmeth 

Welcome to the Community!

The native capabilities of Confluence for Excel files are very limited. You will need to turn to the Marketplace to have your need fulfilled. 

I can recommend Elements Spreadsheet, a Confluence app that allows you to create powerful tables seamlessly in Confluence pages where all your team members can collaborate.

You can also import Excel files, use those  as templates so you never have to start from scratch. All the basics are also covered: formulas, filters, sorting, data validation, advanced formatting options, etc.

Display properties allow you to display only specific sheets on the Confluence view mode as opposed to all sheets. 

If you'd like assistance or have questions, feel free to book a slot in my calendar.

0 votes
Jane April 25, 2023

@Garry Wilmeth 

If you need to add an exel file and edit it in a Confluence pagePolaris spreadsheet can be a good option. 

Our app, Polaris spreadsheet allows you to embed an existing excel files in a confluence page and directly edit it.
It offers full editing capabilities for excel files and provides an advanced view mode that allows you to use filters, scroll, and find. Please check the details.
A month's free trial is available now! 

Atlassian Marketplace 

0 votes
Garry Wilmeth April 25, 2023

Hello @Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_ and @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

I have looked at all 3 recommendations, and while they look nice, I am looking for a method to embed an existing excel spreadsheet and then allow it to be edited inside of the confluence page.  I am guessing that this is not an option based on my research so far.  Is that correct?

Thanks,

Garry

Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2023

@Garry Wilmeth 

Elements Spreadsheet allows you to edit the Excel file directly inside Confluence. However, changes won't be synced up in your source file hosted in your file directory or drive. Elements Spreadsheet allows you to export your Confluence spreadsheet back to Excel.

Does that help?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events