Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a method of reducing the size of a table when in full page mode?

Ed Hickey September 19, 2022

When using what I call the "full page" mode versus a narrow page, the tables are also extended to fill the width of the page.  There are lots of times when you want a table with a couple of columns and have them formatted so that they look visually appealing and not extend the full width of the page.

Is there a way to do this?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

@Ed Hickey  Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

When setting the page width to WIDE you lose control of the resize tools on macros and page elements. I cannot explain WHY this is, but this is WHAT it is. Tables, Expand Macros, Info Panels, etc. will all stretch to the set page width.

My recommendation is leaving pages in the more narrow presentation setting and expanding the borders of the elements you insert to control appearance.

Ed Hickey September 20, 2022

Thank you

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

Hi @Ed Hickey , I'm not exactly following your desired behavior. However, I think it is a WYSIWYG situation. Here is the documentation that describes formatting including tables. add-formatting-to-your-page 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events