Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a flood control function on the "Like" button?

Danny At Resolute August 7, 2012

I recently introduced the web team to Confluence. Being..um..enthusistic explorers they began clicking the like button over and over again on various pages to see how many emails they could dump into one anothers inboxes.

I'm grateful that they found this vulnerability in the system but I would like to fix it. Is there a way to require a minimum of a few seconds between clicks on the like button? If not how do I request such a setting in future releases?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hallo Daniel

Ha ha, that's a cool request. :) Do you think people will stop madly clicking "like" in a day or two?

As far as I know, there's no flood control on the like button. To raise the request, log a ticket on the Confluence issue tracker. Here's a search for requests that contain the word "like" in the issue summary:

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CONF+AND+summary+~+%22like%22+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+created+DESC

Cheers, Sarah

SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hallo Danny

That's a good point. Thanks. :)

Cheers, Sarah

Danny At Resolute August 7, 2012

Hi Sarah,

I like your blog.

Yeah, I'm sure the guys will move on to a new toy shortly. Their favorite pass time is playing with each others screen preferences when one of them leaves the room.

However, the vulnerability itself could act as the basis for a denial of service attack so its worth bring up. I'll head on over and raise an issue about it.

cheers, Danny

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2012

And we now have a request to add a feedback category to this forum, for witty requests! :)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-669

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2012

LOL. This forum should award a prize for the wittiest entries. :)

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2012

LOL Daniel, please write more questions and answers in this forum. They're so much fun to read. :)

0 votes
Danny At Resolute August 13, 2012

Entertaining mayhem ensued when our network admin wrote a response rule for himself. It identified spurious like emails and threw back 50 copies to the originator. The initial flurry of 300 emails to him became a reply barrage of 15,000!

As predicted everyone got fed up with the game and things are back to normal.

If the email flooding had continued I would have turned off the "like" function but somehow this little period of play has resulted in stronger uptake of Confluence by everyone in the company.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events