Is there a developer console

Heidi Yablonski February 2, 2021

I can't believe I'm asking this but is there a developer console in Confluence?  How do I access the developer tools? I need to enter some code to make my attachments open in a new tab.... I have the code but don't know where can enter it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Confluence doesn't have anything I think of as a developer console, but I think it is a bit of a vague phrase.  Could you expand on what you're thinking it might do?

Without that though, I could say:

If you're using the SDK and a developer installation (which you can create with the SDK), that adds some functions that help you dig into Server Confluence a bit deeper than with a standard install.

You could try injecting code in the developer tools in your browser too.

Cloud is a different matter, it has a dev console for handling app authorisation, but there's nothing on the front end as you wouldn't be developing apps inside Confluence, you develop them alongside it, so a developer console would have to be done inside your app, rather than confluence.

Heidi Yablonski February 3, 2021

Maybe I need the SDK install.  I think it's set up with a local server.  There's really not anyone here I can ask.  They want me to do software development and I am an admin of the site but all I have is the GUI wiki editor

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

What development are you being asked to do?

They want me to build out the site. They are asking me to make it so all the attachments open in a new tab.

Where do i go to add the:

Target = "_blank to the <a href> HTML tag

How do o get there?

?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

That's not something you can "code" for by changing just content.  You'd need to be writing apps, possibly even amending the core code in Confluence.

Exactly. How do u write apps and amend the code. Where do I go to do that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021
Like Heidi Yablonski likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events