It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a a way to customize the left navigation menu for a Confluence space

The PAGE TREE is what displays by default and you can change the hierarchy of the pages but is there a way to change the background color, add icons, change font for that menu in the left pane? We're using Confluence Cloud. 

Many thanks for your comments/suggestions!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sharon_Helms Community Leader Aug 29, 2019

Hi @d_gittens ,

I believe that Sireesha may have shared Confluence *server* information with you rather than *cloud*.  Here's a link to a doc with Functional differences between server and cloud

The upshot is that you can't customize a stylesheet in the cloud version. The only option is to install a custom theme. Some third-parties may offer those in the marketplace, or if you're interested, you can find out more from the developer community.

Also, as a side note, you can find the space key in the URL of your space. For example, in this URL it is "CC": https://example.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CC/overview

Best wishes,
Sharon

Thanks Sireesha! It seems I need to do the customization in our space stylesheet which I understand I can access at: 

http://<your-confluence-url>/spaces/viewstylesheet.action?key=<spacekey>

But do you know an easy way to find what the <spacekey> is?

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers,

Deanne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

32 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you