Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the MS SQL-Server 2019 supported ?

Andreas Schmitt November 26, 2019

We are in the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) and have access to the current SQL-Server versions. Unfortunately, there is no longer the version 2017 of the SQL server there. We only have access to the 2019 version.

Will the 2019 version already be supported?

There is no hint in the supported platforms at this time.

Best Regards Andreas

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2019

2017 is the latest supported platform.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html   2019 would probably work but would not be supported and you might have issues arise so I would not use it in a production enviorment.  With MPN you should be able to access 2017.

Jean-Michel Rottiers April 28, 2020

MS SQL server 2019 has a compatibility mode allowing to use 2017 databases on a 2019 engine

Don't know if it can help.

Paul Stone June 9, 2020

Do we have a road map for SQL 2019 Support?  Does the Compatibility mode work?  I am at a crossing of upgrading the SQL as my other systems are now requiring SQL 2019 - Any help would be helpful! :)

Like # people like this
Michael July 17, 2020

We currently have JIRA 8.8.1 running on SQL Server 2019 (NOT in compatibility mode either) without issues, though it's a very small instance with just a couple users.

Like Paul Stone likes this
Stephen Reece December 1, 2020

Michael, do admins receive the warning that an unsupported version of SQL is being used? Does this also show up for users?

Michael December 1, 2020

Stephen, I believe after the initial upgrade the upgrade summary page may have noted the unsupported SQL version.  After continuing there should have been a warning in the upper right corner that you can choose to ignore, at that point you never see any mention of it again anywhere.

I created a new regular user and logged in, that user does NOT see any mention of the warning.  I created a new user and added them to the administrators group (logging in initially did not show the warning), but after adding them to the group and logging in they receive the following warning in the upper right corner:

"The Supported database health check has failed in your system."  There is a link on this warning to not remind them again, clicking that would hide it and there would again be no mention of it for that user.  Hopefully that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events