Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is merging cells in tables no longer possible?

I recall this was possible in past, however it seems no longer possible

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Nicolette-Davids

I am assuming you are using Confluence New Editor. Once you select the cells you want to merge, you see an arrow on the top right corner of your selection, which when clicked provides various actions you can perform on the cells. Here is an image to help you -

MergeCells.jpg

If you are using the old editor, you see the merge option in the table options ribbon right below the toolbar. I am assuming, you must be knowing that already.

Let me know, if you still can't see the option to merge cells in your table.

Thanks

Sireesha

Thank you Sireesha, that was the trick! 

I tried to do the same in JIRA Cloud using the new editor. The option "merge cells" does not show up when I select mulitple cells. 

Is the merge feature currently not availabe in JIRA?

Like # people like this

Merge Cells is not visible for me either.  I'm using the new editorScreen Shot 2021-07-08 at 1.09.53 PM.png

Like # people like this

I checked again - in Confluence Cloud the option is available, in JIRA  Cloud not. Seems to be a difference between the two editors

More frustratingly tiresome Atlassian inconsistency we've all become all too used to from this (very)MVP company.  And what's even more sad is that we all let them get away with it YEAR after f-ing YEAR!

Like # people like this

The only way I was able to get the arrow to appear was to click in one cell and drag to the other to select the other cell.  You can NOT click in one, press Shift to select multiple items, and clic the other cell; the arrow does NOT show up!!!

This is NOT straightforward or clear-cut.  Seriously, who is doing the UX/UI for these functions?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Like Kevin Kim likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

724 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you