Is it save to clean "delete" the content of the viewfile - Folder?

Gilbert Janeselli February 25, 2014

Hi;

after upgrading from Confluence 5.2 to the recent 5.3 the Powerpoint-Previews did not work anymore - so i looked around a little bit and found the folder "viewfile" with tons of -i think- previews in it.
So i stopped the server, moved the files away, restarted the server and now the Powerpoint-Macro works again and obvioulsy makes new previews of PP-files in the folder.

So - my question - is it save to solve such problems by deleting the preview-files?

thks...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

Hey Gilbert,

Deleting the files from the <Confluence Home> directory is not a show stopper, since during the startup Confluence will recreate any missing files that are necessary to start up, except for those kind of temporary files like the previews, which you already notice, the indexing stuff and etc.

Replying your question, yes is it safe, but always make a backup of the folder so you can avoid headaches by restoring these temporary files in case you get any unpleasant surprises :).

Thanks and Regards,
David|Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events