Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to view JIRA comments in Confluence?

Ed May February 6, 2013

We have our Project Reviews entered in JIRA (as a special Review issue type)

I know how to get a feed of JIRA issues in Confluence - so we can already, for example, get a list of the Actions for a Review because Action are just tasks which are linked to the Review issue.

However, it would be very good if we could view the comments for a JIRA review issue in Confluence.

Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Hello James,

Our current implementation of Application Links does not allow for embedding of comments from JIRA issues inside of Confluence. I am more than happy to file a feature request for this sort of behavior. If you would not mind providing further information about how you would like this feature to function we would be much obliged to add it to our tracker.

An alternative solution would be for you to use the SQL plugin to extract the raw information directly from the JIRA database.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.sql

You would need to configure a data source that points to your JIRA database in order to extract that information. Details on how to set up this datasource are included below.

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SQL/SQL+plugin+datasource+configuration

Please let us know if you have any further questions or have further specifications for this new feature.

Ed May February 7, 2013

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the informative response.

We are using Confluence spaces as our main management portal for our development projects, and are using JIRA to record project reviews. The aim is to be able to pull in to Confluence the comments for a particular review, so that we can seem them in Confluence rather than having to click through a link to JIRA to view them.

Does this give you enough information? If not, I'm more than happy to expand!

3 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Hi James,

I took the liberty to create an improvement request to have such feature in Confluence as you can see below:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32764

I would strongly suggest that you vote on this issue to increase its popularity and add it to your watchlist for future updates.

Cheeers,
WZ

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2013

CLI Plugin for Confluence can be used to access JIRA and put the results on a page. Retrieve comments as a csv using getCommentList and use the CSV Macro or you can get a text representation of all comments for an issue by using getComments with something like:

jira --action getComments --issue XXX-15

Mick Flanigan [Equip] October 31, 2013

Bob... I really wish all these plugins were all on OnDemand! Pull some strings for us!

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2013

See OnDemand for information on that topic.

Olivier Crozier February 25, 2014

Hi Bob, How to you combine getCommentList and CSV Macro?

I could not find the parameter macros for the CSV Macro so could not turn it to TRUE in order to embed the other CLI Macro into it.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2014

Good question.

For download Confluence:

• The macros parameter is available. Use wiki markup or upgrade to 6.2 or above - the parameter was initially missing from the macro interface :(

For OnDemand Confluence:

• Generate the CSV file and attach to a page using Confluence CLI from a client or Bamboo using CLI Plugin for Bamboo
  • Example output and other similar information is produced this way using Bamboo
Olivier Crozier February 26, 2014

OK thanks I have the macros parameter now.

But still I don't see how to embed the CLI Macro into the CSV Macro. The Insert More Content button is disabled inside the CSV Macro. And if I copy/paste a CLI Macro into the CSV Macro it keeps only the body of the CLI Macro and not the CLI Macro itself.

The examples you mentionned do use CSV attachements. Do you have any example where the CSV Macro renders the output of the CLI Macro dynamically?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events