Is it possible to see a history of the page shares I have done?

Serge Boivin March 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Share a Page or Blog Post

If I don't remember who I have shared a page with, it would be nice to see a history of past shares. Sharing pages from Confluence is a good way to replace sending links through emails, but I lose the history and tracking. If I don't remember, or if I need to prove that I shared a page with someone, I don't have that with sharing.

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2016

Serge,

Not an answer, but a workaround:  I include myself in the shares so I have that record you are speaking of.

If Confluence product managers and engineers decide that building a 'Sent' record within the tool for each user is problematic, one thought is to have a checkbox for 'Include me' that will be remembered which would auto-add the sender to the Share.  That would save the effort of adding one's name each time and provide a Sent record within one's default email application (search on the Subject prefix or some other attribute to locate groups of Share emails later).

Serge Boivin March 22, 2016

Thanks, that's what I have been doing too, but I was hoping for another way smile

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2016

Me too.  It might not be obvious to everyone to do this workaround and one can pretty well assume that this would be welcomed by a wide variety of users (and for many of us we are surprised it is not already present).   Maybe if there are Atlassians reviewing this Q&A they could consider either building such a capability into the Share feature or making it easier to add one's name such as via a checkbox (as they do for page restrictions).

ajay madar September 28, 2016

Ditto the points above; would like to have the ability to track previous page shares (via something like the page history screen)

The workaround is feasible but you then have a dependency on your email inbox to track history.

Like Christina Beebe likes this
Thorbjørn Sundbøe October 4, 2016

Thnaks for raising this, I completely agree. Unless you've already done so, you can cast your votes on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22396. Thx.

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2016

@Thorbjørn Sundbøe Done. Thanks for the tip that a feature request around this has been posted, so we can add our votes to it.

Shawn Wilson May 22, 2017

The feature request page is saying that they don't have any plans for this for Cloud, and are silent on the issue for Server.  

But what about the idea of adding a checkbox that says "CC to me"? That's probably a much simpler add-on. Can anyone add a feqature request for that? (I wouldn't know how).

Tetyana Novosad August 23, 2017

Thank you, Tom. It's a nive workaround. :)

0 votes
Steffi Frank May 23, 2017

our work-around is: instead of sharing a page we use inline comments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events