It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to open modal/pop-up window by special link inside of Confluence page? Edited

Hello Dear Community!

Could I please ask a question about Confluence Cloud?

Is it possible to post some sort of link with some special attributes/tags or with special addons/macros which would open modal/pop-up window without leaving a Confluence page, without opening anything in another tab of the browser, without loading anything inside of the current page in Confluence where this link was placed?

User scenario:

1) user opens Confluence page, reads it and then clicks at the *special link*;

2) modal/small pop-up opens - for example, with some sort of 3rd party web form inside of iframe;

3) user performs some operations inside of pop-up/modal window (maybe adds some data to the 3rd party webform), then closes it and continues to read the same Confluence page such it was in turn #1.

Is anybody reached the same scenario?

Sincerely,

Alexander

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

There's not a way to have links open in a new tab other than using CMD + or right-click in your browser.

I was able to find a feature request for this below, which you can vote on and follow for updates in the future:

• CONFCLOUD-34088 Provide the ability to create a link in Confluence that will open in a new tab

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,411 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you