Is it possible to open modal/pop-up window by special link inside of Confluence page?

Sergei Borodin February 24, 2020

Hello Dear Community!

Could I please ask a question about Confluence Cloud?

Is it possible to post some sort of link with some special attributes/tags or with special addons/macros which would open modal/pop-up window without leaving a Confluence page, without opening anything in another tab of the browser, without loading anything inside of the current page in Confluence where this link was placed?

User scenario:

1) user opens Confluence page, reads it and then clicks at the *special link*;

2) modal/small pop-up opens - for example, with some sort of 3rd party web form inside of iframe;

3) user performs some operations inside of pop-up/modal window (maybe adds some data to the 3rd party webform), then closes it and continues to read the same Confluence page such it was in turn #1.

Is anybody reached the same scenario?

Sincerely,

Alexander

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2020

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

There's not a way to have links open in a new tab other than using CMD + or right-click in your browser.

I was able to find a feature request for this below, which you can vote on and follow for updates in the future:

• CONFCLOUD-34088 Provide the ability to create a link in Confluence that will open in a new tab

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

sidar.sahin September 30, 2020

Hi Shannon,

Is there a way to open form Confluence a popup which contains a html page or video?

Thanks

Sidar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events