Is it possible to migrate the contents from one space to another?

Nipun Radhakrishnan October 15, 2020

Hi Team,

I need to move the contents inside one space to another space. Can you please guide me in this. We are in an on premise setup. I saw some post saying export the contents as XML and import. Is it possible to import from our local machine?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Nipun

1 answer

0 votes
P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Hi Nipun,
what contents are you talking about specifically?

You can copy or move pages including their attachments as well as child pages to another space. You can find details on that on the following pages.

Nipun Radhakrishnan October 15, 2020

Hi Patrice,

Thank you for your reply. I am basically looking to move the KB documents maintained under 1 space to another space. There are multiple pages under the space and i need to move all those KB documents to a new space.

Regards

Nipun

P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Hey Nipun,
then my initial answer is the way to go. I recommend putting the page structure you want to move under one parent page. Then move this parent page to your new space. All sub-pages with their content are moved. Blog posts are an exception since they don't belong to this structure.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events