Is it possible to install jira,confluence and Bamboo in one Server?

qingpei wang November 25, 2015

If so, what's the resource requirement ?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2015

I assume by "server", you mean a computer, and not the "application server" that they run inside (usually Tomcat.  Do not try to run different Atlassian applications in one Tomcat, it does not work)

The answer if you do mean "a computer", is "yes", but you're going to need to look at resources very carefully.  The main resource is memory - you are going to need the server to have enough memory to run each application separately, and leave enough for the operating system and any other systems it's running.  The next important resource is CPU, but that's more complex than just adding up maximum sizes.  You're going to want a powerful one though, if you're running three on the same machine

But there's no way to know what the actual resource requirement will be unless you know how you're going to use it.  If all three are really low usage, then you'd probably be ok with 4Gb RAM (a GB for each item to run), but if you're looking at more than 25 users and/or lots of builds, you're almost certainly going to need more.  Probably a lot more.

qingpei wang November 28, 2015

yeah, "server" means "computer“

I am going to plan a 16G RAM with 8 core CPU, Hope it is ok for me to install both of "jira" "confluence" and "bitbucket"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2015

There's three systems there, not two. But the server sounds like it has enough resource to run small to medium installations of all three.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events