Is it possible to have Personal Spaces automatically created when a user is granted access to Confluence?

Stacia Parfionov June 3, 2014

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to have Personal Spaces created automatically when a user is granted access to Confluence? Or similarly, can a personal space be created automatically for each user in a group when the group is granted access to Confluence?

From what I've read, this isn't how Confluence works. Confluence works on the basis of "permissions" meaning that you can give a person (or group) permission to do things. Versus creating functionality for individual users (or for each individual in a group) and assigning that functionality as part of their default content, which is what I'm asking about.

Assuming the answer is no - that it isn't possible to create personal spaces automatically. Does anyone know whether you can create a personal space on someone's behalf and then "assign" or move that personal space to the person for whom you created it?

Thanks, as always, for any hints/tips,

Stacia

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

The confluence command line interface can create personal spaces using the addSpace action and by supplying the userId.

Stacia Parfionov June 3, 2014

Thanks Davin! Exactly the info I needed. :-)

Jenni Sproul November 2, 2020

With this solution, is it also possible to incorporate the ownership of the personal space be assigned to that individual?  We currently have this set up so that personal spaces are created when new users are added. However, the space is unassigned and each space has to be manually updated to assign the individual as the space owner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events