Is it possible to find all pages created or edited by a specific user in Confluence?

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to find all pages that are created or edited by a user in Confluence.

Is it possible to do that without asking SQL questions?

Regards,

Michael Danielsson

4 answers

2 accepted

16 votes
Answer accepted
frenchie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2015
  1. Go to your site search.
  2. Look in the left hand bar. Press "Add a filter".
  3. Select "Creator" and enter the user's name.
miriam-hopton June 22, 2017

This worked - thank you!!!!!!!

Like # people like this
ucas_johnt February 27, 2020

normally this would have solved my problem, but unfortunately the user I am filtering for has left the organisation and is not an active user - so the filter doesn't pick them up!....  Is there any way I could ask Atlassian if they could get this filter to work for inactive users as well?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Is it possible to reactivate the user long enough to get the report and then deactivate the user again?

shob January 4, 2021

Unfortunately, our confluence (cloud version) does not have a left bar, not n add filter option, nor "creator". It does have a filters on the right, including "spaces" "Contrubutors", "type" etc, but there is no option to search by the user who created the page.  I need to search all pages I created.

Like dfranklin likes this
dfranklin February 11, 2021

@shob I'm not sure this is possible in Cloud version. Cloud versions of all Atlassian products are severely hamstrung.

Dan Svantesson April 9, 2021

I'm using the Cloud version. It is possible to click in the search field and then return (or select Advanced Search in the list), so that a full advanced search page appear. On the right side, "Contributors" : <Filter by user> is one of many search filters.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2013

You could user the Content by User and Recently Updated macros. It looks like the Content by User macro shows across all spaces and the Recently Updated lets you specify to look across all spaces. You will probably have to de-dupe the recently updated results, but if you are opposed to using SQL that is the easiest way I know to get the pages a user has updated.

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2018

deleted

Like Paul_A_J likes this
1 vote
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2013

Michael,

Try looking here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Confluence+Search+Fields

I think you can run a search using something like

username:<a.name>

But I'm no expert.

You can also look at their profile, that has a list of the pages they've worked on. Also, you might be able to use the Latest Updates macro and specifiy the user you're looking for. I think this would have to be done on a space by space basis though.

Cheers.

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2013

Hi,

I could not see that this is working 100%

Regards,

Michael Danielsson

Adidas AG November 2, 2018

cool! works perfectly ! thanks for the hint :)

shob January 4, 2021

Unfortunately, this does not work at all (at least for cloud version). If you try to use username:"first.last" or username:"first.last@myorg.com" in the sites search box, it only brings back pages with "usrename" somewhere in the content.

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
0 votes
Jason Curry December 17, 2020

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events