Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to find all pages created or edited by a specific user in Confluence?

Hi,

I'm trying to find all pages that are created or edited by a user in Confluence.

Is it possible to do that without asking SQL questions?

Regards,

Michael Danielsson

4 answers

2 accepted

16 votes
Answer accepted
James Atlassian Team Oct 08, 2015
  1. Go to your site search.
  2. Look in the left hand bar. Press "Add a filter".
  3. Select "Creator" and enter the user's name.

This worked - thank you!!!!!!!

Like # people like this

normally this would have solved my problem, but unfortunately the user I am filtering for has left the organisation and is not an active user - so the filter doesn't pick them up!....  Is there any way I could ask Atlassian if they could get this filter to work for inactive users as well?

Is it possible to reactivate the user long enough to get the report and then deactivate the user again?

Unfortunately, our confluence (cloud version) does not have a left bar, not n add filter option, nor "creator". It does have a filters on the right, including "spaces" "Contrubutors", "type" etc, but there is no option to search by the user who created the page.  I need to search all pages I created.

Like dfranklin likes this

@shob I'm not sure this is possible in Cloud version. Cloud versions of all Atlassian products are severely hamstrung.

I'm using the Cloud version. It is possible to click in the search field and then return (or select Advanced Search in the list), so that a full advanced search page appear. On the right side, "Contributors" : <Filter by user> is one of many search filters.

1 vote
Answer accepted

You could user the Content by User and Recently Updated macros. It looks like the Content by User macro shows across all spaces and the Recently Updated lets you specify to look across all spaces. You will probably have to de-dupe the recently updated results, but if you are opposed to using SQL that is the easiest way I know to get the pages a user has updated.

Like Paul_A_J likes this

Michael,

Try looking here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Confluence+Search+Fields

I think you can run a search using something like

username:<a.name>

But I'm no expert.

You can also look at their profile, that has a list of the pages they've worked on. Also, you might be able to use the Latest Updates macro and specifiy the user you're looking for. I think this would have to be done on a space by space basis though.

Cheers.

Hi,

I could not see that this is working 100%

Regards,

Michael Danielsson

cool! works perfectly ! thanks for the hint :)

Unfortunately, this does not work at all (at least for cloud version). If you try to use username:"first.last" or username:"first.last@myorg.com" in the sites search box, it only brings back pages with "usrename" somewhere in the content.

Like Miriam Hopton likes this

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,408 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you